2003 Suburban Power Steering Trouble

Friend has an '03 Suburban, complains of a power steeing "hesitation". When engine is at high RPMS everything is fine. Sounds like a pump to me, but is
there anything else that could be suspected? Any common issues? Anything to check?
Steve
"Steve Mackie2" wrote: > Friend has an 03 Suburban, complains of a power steeing > "hesitation". When > engine is at high RPMS everything is fine. Sounds like a pump > to me, but is > there anything else that could be suspected? Any common > issues? Anything to > check? > > Steve
The fluid?

What about it? It's topped up, somewhat of a browninsh tint to it, nothing out of the ordinary.
On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 02:12:39 GMT, "Steve Mackie"

Have you checked the belt tension (i.e. idler pulley spring strength) If the pulley has a weak tensioner spring or if the belt is glazed in places you may well experience symptoms such as you are describing. Before throwing big money at the problem first check the belt & tension. Just a thought.
Steve Mackie wrote:

It's probably the pump. We've seen a number of pumps fail in this way. In order for an accurate diagnosis though, you would need to take some pressure readings.
Ian
Still under warranty? Let the dealer handle it...

No warranty left....