2004 chevy aveo

While working under the dash of my sister in-laws 2004 Chevy aveo I disconnected the factory stereo?................I can't find the code.......to reset the stereo (anti- theft)....being a weekend I can't get anybody at the local dealer...............anybody got any tricks to getting this thing working again?

Reply to
bmaty

The code is on a card that comes with the car. I don't know if you can get it after the fact. Check in the new car packet/owners manual.

Bret

Reply to
Bret Rummel

Thanks but I looked in the manual.no card or insert.............I guess i'll have to wait.

Reply to
bmaty

Go to your local Chebby dealer. They will help.

Reply to
Da udder one ya dont know

Just a curious question. Are factory radios really that hot of a theft item that anti-theft has to be implemented?

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Not really but it's a good selling point.

Reply to
Da udder one ya dont know

"Da udder one ya dont know" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...

How so, if it causes people all this unnecessary trouble to get it reset? Sounds like a annoyance to me!

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Well, it's the false sense of security that sells. Something like your noisey car alarm that no one pays attention to.

Reply to
Da udder one ya dont know