2004 chevy aveo

While working under the dash of my sister in-laws 2004 Chevy aveo I disconnected the factory stereo?................I can't find the code.......to reset the stereo (anti- theft)....being a weekend I can't get
anybody at the local dealer...............anybody got any tricks to getting this thing working again?
The code is on a card that comes with the car. I don't know if you can get it after the fact. Check in the new car packet/owners manual.
Bret

Thanks but I looked in the manual.no card or insert.............I guess i'll have to wait.

Go to your local Chebby dealer. They will help.

Just a curious question. Are factory radios really that hot of a theft item that anti-theft has to be implemented?
Not really but it's a good selling point.
message

How so, if it causes people all this unnecessary trouble to get it reset? Sounds like a annoyance to me!
Well, it's the false sense of security that sells. Something like your noisey car alarm that no one pays attention to.