2004 GTO "Out-the-Door" Sale Prices

I visited my local Pontiac dealer today to talk about the purchase of the 1 GTO that they are due to receive in mid-February. They want $2500 above the MSRP. I keep hearing that this is pretty much the case across all dealerships for the first GTO's. Has anyone on the forum purchased (or know someone who has) a 2004 GTO for MSRP or less?

Reply to
MBoom1664
2004 | GTO for MSRP or less?

A common thing. The year the Chrysler minivan was introduced, they were so hot selling the typical cost was $1,400 over MSRP and a 6-month wait. There are many other examples. I'm actually surprised that the GTO is only $2,500 over MSRP, frankly. Personally, I'd hold out until they make the car with the signature GTO hood scoop. Without the hood scoop, it isn't a GTO, at least to this former owner of a 1967 GTO! :-)

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Law of supply and demand. If you want a car that many others want and the dealer has a limited supply you and going to pay for it. If you had something that ten people wanted and you only had one what would you sell it for?

Reply to
Woody

Reply to
stuart8181

When they make it in USA I will think about getting one.

Reply to
Tim or Linda

Would not count on it. Remember the Grand National. This car will appreciate in value first, and then if GM does not flood the market, prices will be what someone is willing to pay for one.

Reply to
Eightupman

Reply to
Richardsons

Reply to
Budman

I'll bet it is...

Signed, Pining for the 1967 GTO I Used to Own

Reply to
James C. Reeves