2004 GTO "Out-the-Door" Sale Prices

I visited my local Pontiac dealer today to talk about the purchase of the 1 GTO that they are due to receive in mid-February. They want $2500 above the MSRP. I
keep hearing that this is pretty much the case across all dealerships for the first GTO's. Has anyone on the forum purchased (or know someone who has) a 2004 GTO for MSRP or less?
| I visited my local Pontiac dealer today to talk about the purchase of the 1 GTO | that they are due to receive in mid-February. They want $2500 above the MSRP. I | keep hearing that this is pretty much the case across all dealerships for the | first GTO's. Has anyone on the forum purchased (or know someone who has) a 2004 | GTO for MSRP or less?
A common thing. The year the Chrysler minivan was introduced, they were so hot selling the typical cost was $1,400 over MSRP and a 6-month wait. There are many other examples. I'm actually surprised that the GTO is only $2,500 over MSRP, frankly. Personally, I'd hold out until they make the car with the signature GTO hood scoop. Without the hood scoop, it isn't a GTO, at least to this former owner of a 1967 GTO! :-)
Law of supply and demand. If you want a car that many others want and the dealer has a limited supply you and going to pay for it. If you had something that ten people wanted and you only had one what would you sell it for?

Don't be a sucker. Wait and the price will drop like a rock.

When they make it in USA I will think about getting one.

Would not count on it. Remember the Grand National. This car will appreciate in value first, and then if GM does not flood the market, prices will be what someone is willing to pay for one.

Got mine for MSRP in mid Feb. LS1 with Tremec 6M. Car is a blast to drive.
On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 08:45:45 -0500, "stuart8181"

<Budman> wrote in message | Got mine for MSRP in mid Feb. LS1 with Tremec 6M. Car is a blast to | drive.
I'll bet it is...
Signed, Pining for the 1967 GTO I Used to Own
That's a lot of money for an australian sunfire!