2004 Impala Rear Window Antenna Static with defogger On

I've had my 2004 Impala for about 3 months now. Love it, runs great, drives great too.

The other night I had to turn on my rear window defogger and the FM radio became static (more severe on some stations than others). Is this a result of the FM antenna being on the rear window so close to the defogger wires?

Just wondering if anyone has had similar problems.

I live in Chicago (not the burbs). The FM radio modulation is great here so I'll rule out living in a rural area.

Reply to
Frank Braun

Take it back to the dealer. It sounds like a loose connection or possibly one of the elements is cracked and arcing. If the dealer balks make him try other cars on the lot.....

Reply to
Woody

Sounds like a bad ground to me.

Reply to
Mark

Woody's probably right. I had the exact same problem on my '02. Turned out a couple of the defroster grid lines were broken/scratched. Once the dealer fixed them, reception was fine. It took them a couple of visits to figure it out though, so be persistent. I think there might be a TSB on this too.

Reply to
gad