2004 Malibu (new style) cruise control

My cruise control is intermittent. Sometimes it works fine and will do so for days at a stretch, but then it quits and will not work at all for days
as well. Dealer replaced the set sitch in the sterring wheel with no change. No codes show up in scan. Dealer can't duplicate the problem. I had read on a gm forum that this was related to BCM on their particular car with similar issues. Anybody have experience with this?
Thanks, Mark
Keep taking it back to dealer until they fix it...