2004 What next !?

Dropped mothers Caddy off at the body shop ( don't ask ) on Monday, the courtesy shuttle bus was a 2004 DeVille. I sat up front with the driver, mother was in back. I had the air cooled seat on to try it and it felt like there is a fan under the seat blowing air up through the bottom of the seat cushion.

The driver said to me, " You think thats something this car has a heated steering wheel ! "

I told the driver the $400 + heating element in a friends 19999 300M quit working two weeks ago.

He said, " Yeah they is expensive ".

What will they think of next!? Too much technology for me.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~_~276,925 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

Probably a car that catches fire during the test drive due to some wiring fault in the onboard coffee maker or bagel cream-spreader.

Reply to
Matt Keefer

Take a look at this:

I don't know how long these links are good for, but here is a snippet:

************************************************************ "Burning Not Just Rubber"

Some want to cook food in their cars

By Tom Incantalupo

STAFF WRITER

February 18, 2004

Automatic transmission, air conditioning and a microwave?

The combination isn't available from any carmaker but some drivers surveyed by a Michigan market researcher think cars ought to have some way to cook food.

We are in serious trouble :(

Ed

Reply to
ed_lupine

Harryface, you didn't notice the feature that the radio volume automatically adjusts based on vehicle speed? The faster the louder...the slower the softer. No, I'm not kidding! You're slipping Harryface if you missed that one! ;-) Personally I'm waiting for the electronic butt wiper myself! Anyone know when that's coming out? (Kidding, of course...I think!?)

Reply to
James C. Reeves

I think munir's working on that one. Its going to be called Buttstar. (onstar joke) Just push the brown eye button on the rear view mirror and whoakay I said enough......

Reply to
Bon·ne·ville

Thats been around, my 2000 S-10 had it with the factory deck and my wifs's impala has it as well. Play with the new radio, with the impala you can adjust the amount that it increases the volume, the number of swipes the wipers make when you wash, etc all through the radio.

Reply to
Eugene

JCR,

My dads 99 Navigator had that speed sensitive volume control o nthe stereo.. We had it programed to OFF.....

I didn't notice the RAP music getting louder & softer as we were driven home. Luckily it was only a mile & a half.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~_~276,925 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

Yep, programmed it to off...same here. Your dad listens to RAP music?

Reply to
James C. Reeves

No, go on, it's getting interesting! ;-)

Reply to
James C. Reeves

son of a bitch, that was my idea. Ok I'm suing GM now....

Reply to
Paradox

JCR

The RAP was being played in the Cadillac courtesy shuttle car that we rode home in.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~_~276,925 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

"Now - for those long trips - each seat has a built in bedet."

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander

The REAL purpose of Onstar:

GM dealer is having a slow month so Onstar "calls all the cars home" by giving them a "check engine" light. Fail to bring it back and they will blow your intake manifold gasket for you.

Reply to
Denis Roy

Reply to
stuart8181