2005 Grand Prix tire pressure monitoring system

Hi. I've had (4) snow tires with steel rims installed on my 2005 Grand Prix. Problem is, the tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) light won't go off.
Tires were GM dealer installed and they say I have to live with the light being on because the sensor circuit is part of the factory wheels. Is there any way to disable the TPMS until spring when I put the factory wheels back on?
Thanks
Black electrical tape works great to block unwanted lights. ;)
mike

I was hoping for something a little more "technical". But you're right, a piece of black tape would do the trick.

Try the onscreen display.