2005 Trailblazer "Check Engine" light finale...

After just 3 short weeks I got my Trailblazer back today.

Here's the condensed version of what happened.

After finding low compression readings in cylinder #5 removed cylinder head. Upon removal the most rear left head bolt broke. Sent head out for repair of the exhaust valve seats and valves then got the broken bolt tools and removed the broken shaft from the bolt hole. Upon reassembly of the cylinder head found the T.C. tensioner had fully extended and could not install the timing chain and cam sprockets correctly. Needed to reset the timing chain and after pulling the front cover off I found the water pump is leaking at weep hole. Recommend replacing the water pump.

While the mechanic was working on the cylinder head he some how managed to cut his arm and spent 3 hours in the local emergency room.

All this plus the rental of a 2006 Tahoe to keep us mobile while the Trailblazer was being worked on was covered by the GM warranty. Just the rental on the Tahoe was about $850.00 and I don't want to even think of what the other cost would have been.

It did seem to rum with a bit more pep tonight than it did before it went in for the repairs.

Regards,

Reply to
Lyle Rawlins