2005 Uplander

I have a 2005 Uplander and it is a piece of _ _ _ _.!!!! GM has done nothing to fix the main problem, a whine in the drive line (transmission), mind you they did put three alternators on in the first 5
thousand km to fix the flickering lights.
-
Merv. W wrote:

Our '02 Olds Silhoette is the same basic design and has been nothing special. Now at 60k miles there is a fuel leak somewhere at the top of the fuel tank which is going to require dropping the tank to find. The intake manifold gasket had to be replaced at 35k miles. A/C condensor failed at 50k miles. Shock absorbers were worn out at 45k miles. Lots of squeaks and rattles, especially around the doors. The headlights and front turn signals take on moisture inside and have fogged and discolored.
This is a garage kept vehicle in our mild Northern California climate and I care for our vehicles very well. This one has been a disappointment. This is our second purchased new GM vehicle, and is probably the last. Our friends' Toyota Siennas have not had anything close to the number of problems this Olds has had.
John

Samething here, Montana 2002 45000 miles or 70000 km paid $35000.00 CAD with tax , so far all the problem but one were covered by the warranty or the ext. warranty. I probably can get 10000.00 for it now.
ABS hub sensor shorted AC condenser leaking Paint peeling on hood , roof, rear hatch 2 spark plug wire one spark plug lower Intake manifold thermostat heating duct assembly ( door not moving freely)
I'm disapointed ,very disapointed. One more year to go on the extended warranty and this van will go away.
I'm following the new Kia Sedona 2006 forums on the Edmund's site. They may get my business in Jan 2007. I visited the dealer yesterday and what a nice product, well finished, great design, but once again I will have one year to see if lots of problem will show on it. But so far the Uplander or SV6 will not support the comparaison not even close.
Sorry GM but you had your chance
I failed to mention that the 2005 Uplander has a terrible wind noise especially on windy days at highway speed, just another aggravation to go along with the drive line whine at slower speeds.

-