2006 - 303 HP V8 Returns Impala/Monte Carlo SS.

Page 2 of 2
wrote:

new Accord V6 hybrid. At full throttle it out performs the standard Accord V6. Under reasonable, non-lead-footing, conditions it is supposed to get the same gas mileage as the 4 cylinder standard Civic.
Honda and GM are doing a lot of engineering project sharing. IIRC, a modified version of the Honda V6 in used in the Vue.
--
Kent Finnell
From the Music City USA

I believe that this is where Ford/GM needs to move. A 100 HP high efficiency engine for economy with a 400 HP Electric on demand engine for the 2-5 x per day when you need to get from dead stop to fast lane on the highway in under 4 seconds or for those towing situations where the power is needed.
I think the new Accord might just convince the US market that Hybrids can be usable vehicles for normal people.
Just imagine how quiet a Caddy could be with neck snapping acceleration provided by electric motors at each wheel.
Whee !

about the same as an entire Honda Accord. The ecavation company we use has a 250HP motor on one of their crushers... it weighs about 3500 lbs. never mind that they put out about1400 lbs ft or torque at 0 rpm.. great for some serious axle snapping and frame bending.
-Bret

I've seen a few very high efficiency 100 HP electric motors when I did my Eng in the UK that were very compact for their power output.
My train of thought was 4 x 100 HP. Regenerative braking, blinding acceleration, minimal drive train loss.... What more could one ask for?
But I'd imagine that 1 400 HP unit with a heavy frame would also work.
Rutger6559 wrote:

My bad....see my response to Sarge.
Ian
I believe that the "displacement-on-demand" technology has improved quite a bit since.
On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 17:21:14 -0600, someone posing as Harry Face chisled in the wall:

So sad.
I drove one the other day, while looking for a car. (Ended up buying a V6 VUE.) It just wasn't the same. I really miss RWD.
One of my managers has a '96 SS. Now there's a nice car!
--
kai - perfectreign at yahoo dot com
www.perfectreign.com