2007 Buick Park Ave Transmission Whine

My Park Ave will occasionally (frequency increasing) develop a whining noise that I am guessing is coming from the transmission. It increases when I
accelerate, or as the cruise control accelerates as in going up grades. When the car is in this whining mode, there is a very loud clunk as the transmission shifts gears. If you turn the car off for and then restart, often the noise is gone and the clunking when shifting is also gone. Anyone ever experienced similar problems or have an opinion on what my problem might be?
Possible the PWM solenoid is stuck in the high pressure position causing the noise and hard shifts, have the dealer scan for trans codes and solenoid functions.

It's a 2007 - no warranty left on that car?
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Section: 07 - Transmission/Transaxle Bulletin No.: 0O-07-30-002B Date: July, 2002
Subject: Slips, Harsh Upshift or Garage Shifts, Launch Shudders, Flares, Erratic Shifts and Intermittent Concerns, DTC P1811 or P0748 Set (Replace Pressure Control Solenoid Valve Assembly)
Models: 1997-1999 Buick Riviera 1997-2002 Buick Park Avenue 1998-2002 Buick LeSabre 1999-2002 Buick Regal 2000-2002 Buick Century 2002 Buick Rendezvous 1997-2001 Chevrolet Lumina 1997-2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo 1999-2002 Chevrolet Venture 2000-2002 Chevrolet Impala 1997-1999 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight 1997-2002 Oldsmobile Silhouette 1998-2002 Oldsmobile Intrigue 2001-2002 Oldsmobile Aurora (3.5L) 1997-2002 Pontiac Bonneville, Grand Prix 1999-2002 Pontiac Transport/Montana 2001-2002 Pontiac Aztek with Hydra-Matic 4T65-E (RPOs MN3, MN7, M15, M76)
Condition: Some owners of the above vehicles with a HydraMatic 4T65-E transaxle may comment on harsh upshifts or harsh garage shifts, soft shifts, shudders on hard acceleration, or shifts erratic. These conditions may appear intermittently or set a DTC P1811 or P0748. During diagnosis, a low or high line pressure (actual versus desired) may be observed.
Cause: The above condition may be due to any one of the following which may affect line pressure output:
Sediment inside the pressure control (PC) solenoid valve, causing the PC solenoid valve to mechanically bind. Sediment in the valve body, causing the torque signal regulator valve to stick. Incorrect transaxle oil level.
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t 9354&page=1&pp
http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=harsh+shifting+4T65-E+&btnG=Google+Search&meta
Appreciate the replies- however my mistake in the original post -- It's a 2001 Park Avenue- NOT a 2007

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=harsh+shifting+4T65-E+&btnG=Google+Search&meta =

Glad you told us--drove 'em & loved 'em for years & was beginning to think Buick dealers had been lying to me. s
2005 was the last year for the (in USA) Park Avenue. It continues to sell in China, and is doing quite well.
harryface 91 Bonneville 310,701 05 Park Avenue 63,876

Same size - hell there's nothing the same about it at all except the nameplate. The Park Ave in China is a Holden and bears nothing in common with the Park Ave that used to cruise the US highways and byways.