2007 Monte Carlo SS 327-V8?

I have been looking at the 2007 327 Monte Carlo SS from afar...mainly on the internet. I have alway been a Monte Carlo fan ever since the 1970 SS Monte
Carlo 454 big block, sure there have been some models like in the 1980's when they were humdrum and lost there identity. But with the new 2007 M/S SS sporting the 327 V8 it has got my attention, so far the reviews I have read have bben from owners and the reviews are good. Where on the net can I find a detailed test drive review of the SS. I can't find any at all for the 2007 SS version. I am thinking of test driving one tommorrow. Anyne here have any feedback? I also read it ranked high as one the most dependable cars on the road.

I have limited experience with an 06. Nice car, well appointed. My only negative is the damned big doors on any two door, but that is the price you pay for style.
bleachbot is canceling messages.

I drove the SS at a dealership on Sat. It was kind of quick, definately no slouch. I can't say that I really found it exciting but I only drove it for 15 down a 2 lane road most of the time in traffic, I got a chance to step into it a couple of times. Didnt get a chance to see how it handled in the curves. It rode comfortably enough but the seat didn't hug me like I like, plus the seats were leather, and leather doesnt grip you like a velour fabric which is my preference. I doubt if I would get the SS though, nothing wrong with it but I would want at least 5 speeds in a manual trans as opposed to the outdated 4speed auto, not taking anything away from the trans because I currently have the 4 speed auto in my pontiac which has been trouble free for 135k miles now with only 2 trans fluid changes, once at about 50k and again at about 130k miles. Rumors are is GM can't build or doesn't have the technology or know how to build a good manual trans in a front wheel drive performance car, so until they get the know how I will probably pass on the SS unless I get an offer I can't refuse. I may go back to the dealer at the end of the year and see what the deals are. The next car I want to drive in comparison is the Hemi Charger. Anyone driven one and know how thet stack up to the SS?
I drove an Impala SS, which is essentially the same car in 4 door form and found it kicked in very well. If you are wanting a 5 speed manual, next year's Impala (and probably Monte Carlo) is going to be rear drive based on the Holden. Something to think about for the future. Roy

From what I've heard it will actually be 2009, although I'd be happier if it were '08 - my current company vehicle is probably going to be at its mileage limit just about late '08.
nate
ROY BRAGG wrote:

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

I drove a Charger SRT with the 6.1 Hemi. It is a fantastic car, felt like a mid 13. Not bad for a 4 door. The regular Hemi does not have the 425HP that the SRT does, more like 345HP, so ymmv
Oh, a disclaimer, I liked the Charger SRT so much I bought it.