2008 Colbalt

Nice car but bad traction in snow. Had a Cavaliar back in the 80s, and it was always good in snow. The Colbalt has Korean tires on it, and I was wondering if that may be the problem. The tread is like new, but I was wondering , that maybe the composition of the tire in inferior.

Reply to
Andy

Tire design is frequently the cause of poor snow performance.

Reply to
PeterD

I suggest you go to

and see what the reviews are on those tires. Korea now produces tires that are excellent, so I wouldnt bash them just because they were Korean made.

Reply to
hls

Handling ability in the snow has nothing to do with the car. It is tires, traction control system , and driving habits. Unfortunately I don't think Cobalt has TCS as standard.

TheDuck