2008 Colbalt

Nice car but bad traction in snow. Had a Cavaliar back in the 80s, and it was always good in snow. The Colbalt has Korean tires on it, and I was wondering
if that may be the problem. The tread is like new, but I was wondering , that maybe the composition of the tire in inferior.
On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 16:32:43 -0800 (PST), Andy

Tire design is frequently the cause of poor snow performance.

I suggest you go to www.tirerack.com and see what the reviews are on those tires. Korea now produces tires that are excellent, so I wouldnt bash them just because they were Korean made.
Handling ability in the snow has nothing to do with the car. It is tires, traction control system , and driving habits. Unfortunately I don't think Cobalt has TCS as standard.
---