2009 uplander LS2 Remote Start

If I open the remote fob and close the contacts on the remote start button, which my car does not have turned on as an option, the lights blink but engine does not start. Seems to be "remote start ready".
Besides changing the remote for one with an actual remote start button, what would I have to change in the car to activate the remote start feature? Any parts to but or just reprogram the computer?
On 11/16/2012 8:55 PM, Happy Trails wrote:

Likely a reflash of the PCM, but you'd need the reflash data.
--
I'm never going to grow up.