2013 Chevy Volt receives update after reports of shutdowns

So your "pulled out of ass" comment was not meant for me. Thank you for correcting my misunderstanding.

$ Clearly it must have been directed at the originator of the comment.

BTW: Just who _did_ you "attribute my remarks to" then?

$ See above for an obvious explanation for that which wouldn't begin to flummox a retarded ten yearr old in a hurry.

Not very good at this are you?

$ Irrespective of the truth of that charge, I've proven quite conspicuously to be far superior to your feeble attempts.

Harry K

Reply to
Gene

You have a short memory? Have to post it twice? seems you have a memory problem as well as a comprehension problem.

Harry K

**********************

Again clear to anyone with a brain, which would obviously exclude you (Hint: check the posting time), that would be an issue with the newserver. And you're still a mental case!

Reply to
Gene

How does the Electoral College choose?

What? ..Im a Democrat. Anything I say has to be true. Valid and trustable. No matter how fatally flawed and bogus.

This has been true for decades now.

We are now the Establishment. So we win every time.

Power to da Pippels!!!

Gunner

-- ""The Democratic constituency is just like a herd of cows. All you have to do is lay out enough silage and they come running. That?s why I became an operative working with Democrats. With Democrats all you have to do is make a lot of noise, lay out the hay, and be ready to use the ole cattle prod in case a few want to bolt the herd.

Eighty percent of the people who call themselves Democrats don?t have a clue as to political reality. What amazes me is that you could take a group of people who are hard workers and convince them that they should support social programs that were the exact opposite of their own personal convictions. Put a little fear here and there and you can get people to vote any way you want.

The voter is basically dumb and lazy. The reason I became a Democratic operative instead of a Republican was because there were more Democrats that didn?t have a clue than there were Republicans." James Carvell, DNC operative

Reply to
Gunner

Can you tell us how the Electoral College casts its votes?

Please be so kind as to advise everyone how they decide on what candidate to vote for.

[...]

"Gene" on Fri, 9 Nov 2012 07:25:25 -0600 typed in misc.survivalism the following:

Missed it completely, didn't you?

If 26,000 Floridians (one third of a percent of the total) had voted the other way, Romney would have picked up 29 Electoral Votes. If 54,000 Ohioan voters had switched (less than one percent of the total), Romney would have gain those 18 votes. If 54,000 Virginians (less than one and half percent) had voted Romney, Virginia's 13 Electoral Votes would have not been in Obama's total. And if 57,000 Coloradans had changed their vote, that State's 9 Electoral Votes would have been Romney's.

Totals, the "right" 179,000 votes go the other way, and 69 Electoral votes get subtracted from Barry's 332, and added to Romney's

206 and Governor Romney would have won The Presidency with total of 275 Electoral Votes, while Obama's would have lost with only 263

And it would be the Democrats who saying "Romney has no Mandate,"

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Are you implying that the Volt cannot be driven on long trips on the highway?

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Wow, the irony.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Well, it's a fact that it cannot go more than about 50 miles on battery only power. See also the Nissan Leaf, it was having problems going more than 45 miles for a commuter in Arizona.

If you want to use the gas generator engine, that is a different issue. But on battery power alone? I'll say it cannot be driven on long trips on the highway.

Reply to
Daniel W. Rouse Jr.

Of course they can. Exactly as any gasoline powered vehicle can.

Or you can stop every 49 miles, and spend 2-6 hours sitting on your ass at a charging station somewhere, before driving for another hour (49 miles) and spend 2-6 hours..etc etc

Drive 100 miles and it will take you from 4-12 hours of recharge time

Even the traffice jams in LA are faster than that.

Now if we are talking about gasoline powered vehicles..we can buy one of those for less than $12k New..versus $40k for a volt. Thats $28,000 in difference in price. How much fuel can you buy for $28,000?

Gunner

[...]

om...

And for the 12k get a vehicle that is a lot more fun to drive with more 'goodies'.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

m...

Nice try but no seegar. You fell on youir face and everyone knows it.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Then you are a fool. It obviously can be driven on long trips on the highway. You are letting some sort of political agenda color your thinking on this. Color is probably not a strong enough term, it's more like you have been dipped in a rust coating, wrapped in several layers of high temp insulation, and then put in a wooden box inside a dark room and done this to yourself to pretend the volt is something other then it is.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

No one ever said it wasn't expensive. Using your logic, no expensive car is suitable for driving PERIOD because there are cheaper cars that could be bought.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

So you think government subsidy in the tens of thousands of dollars per vehicle is a good thing?

Doesnt the Left complain about that with the farmers?

[...]

For "long trips"

Reply to
Daniel W. Rouse Jr.

Hmmm..., my CBR600F4i will do 0-120 mph in about 11 seconds. :)

Reply to
Tom $herman (-_-)