2nd gen Camaro lower ball joint

ok, I'll admit - I've never done a pressed in ball joint before... I have help, but my buddy is occasionally dangerous (no sledgehammer too big...) so I'm trying to get a couple of opinions on how to replace the
lower balljoint on a 76 Camaro.
The car is a dirt track car and the balljoint is busted - the nut and the threaded part snapped off somewhere around lap 145 of 200, so disassembly is already 1/2 complete for me... ;) But what's the best way for a DIYer to press out and press in a new balljoint? (Or should I be taking the control arm to a shop with a press so I don't wreck anything?)
Ray P.S. - how many different dipstick tube diameters are there for a TH350?
You can buy/ rent a ball joint press tool. its sorta like a super duper heavy duty c-clamp on steroids.

I'm Right wrote:

well, hot dang! I think the local partsource even has one I can loan. Excellent! :)
Ray