3.1 oil in radiator

3.1 lumina with oil in overflow tank, bad intake gaskets? ( origonal engine, never apart, 117,00mi )

Very likely. Mine only lasted 40,000 miles on my '01 Pontiac GA. External leak and oil in the coolant per dealer....
Pontiac paid 50% due to low mileage.
Good luck

That problem was probally due to dexcool antifreeze

No. It was probably due to poor design and inadequate gasket material.
Dave

OOPS !!... now you've done it.
You've offended the GM cheerleader squad.
I feel a post coming up that'll list 100 reasons "why the leak was the owners fault".... ;o)
<rj>

Actually, I'm a member, but there's little excuse that I can see for the intake problems. Even less excuse for not standing behind their products.
Dave