3.1 V6 idle revisited

I think I have the idle issues fixed , and my thanks go out to Shep . He suggested cleaning the iac , which turned out to be kinda carbonned up . It
idles as it should now .
--

Snag aka OSG #1
'76 FLH "Bag Lady"

-
What is the "iac" ?? Just curious. I have the same motor in a Lumina.
Snag wrote:

It's the idle air control , sits on top of the throttle plate assembly . The wife's car was idling at 65 mph at times ... carbon apparently blocked it open , and the computer gave it enough fuel for that amount of air . Hard on brakes too !
--

Snag aka OSG #1
'76 FLH "Bag Lady"

Richie Weinberger wrote:

computer uses to control the lower limit of the throttle blade which on most modern vehicles is just airflow since the gas is injected directly into the cylinders. It replaced the choke and idle screw on carbs.
What a funny guy!!