3.1L V6 FWD 5spd - how do you bleed the hydraulic clutch?

I have a 1990 Beretta GT with a 3.1 and a 5-speed manual with hydraulic clutch. The pedal has to be pushed pretty close to the floor to engage the clutch fully, and upon letting it out even a little, it grabs fairly rapidly. I was told by the guy who rebuilt the transmission a couple of years back that the clutch might need a new slave cylinder, but that it definitely could use some bleeding. The only problem is that I'm not sure how to bleed the clutch at all. I can bleed brakes all day, but I'm left in the dark on the clutch. Can someone tell me what I should be looking for and where?

TIA, Jody

Reply to
Jody Lee Bruchon

Best way I found is to pump fluid from the slave uphill to the master cylinder . I used a large hypo syringe and a short piece of aquarium hose . This will push any air in the line and slave cylinder up , which is where it wants to go anyway . That said , my 89 Silverado still has issues with clutch release . Gotta pull that tranny out someday and figger out why ... someday .

Reply to
Snag