3.3L GM motor

I am trying to find out if the G M 3.3L motor used in early 1990's models would use some of the same replacement parts as the 3.1L motor. The reason for this silly request is I am trying to find a accessory belt tensioner assembly for the

3.1L motor to no avail. If this is the case,why isnt it shown as such when looking for supposed hard to get parts for the 3.3L. Thank you in advance for any input to this question as I am in dire need of finding the part and I have looked extensively on the net at different replacement part sites. As far as the local auto parts stores, I just get told that the part is not carried by that store. Yes to some this may seem like an idiotic question but as stated earlier I am not finding any where the part needed.
Reply to
Doc

Shep

Doc,

The 3.3L engine is a "brother" of the 3.8L (3800) 90-degree V-6: the 3.1L engine is a "brother" of the 2.8L 60-degree V-6 GM first used in the 1980 X-Body cars.

I doubt anything much is interchangeable between the 3.3L and the

3.1L.

Regards, Bill Bowen Sacramento, CA

Doc wrote:

use some of the same replacement parts as the 3.1L motor. The reason for this silly request is I am trying to find a accessory belt tensioner assembly for the

3.1L motor to no avail. If this is the case,why isnt it shown as such when looking for supposed hard to get parts for the 3.3L.

finding the part and I have looked extensively on the net at different replacement part sites. As far as the local auto parts stores, I just get told that the part is not carried by that store. Yes to some this may seem like an idiotic question but as stated earlier I am not finding any where the part needed.

Reply to
William H. Bowen

would use some of the same replacement parts as the 3.1L motor. The reason for this silly request is I am trying to find a accessory belt tensioner assembly for the 3.1L motor to no avail. If this is the case,why isnt it shown as such when looking for supposed hard to get parts for the 3.3L.

finding the part and I have looked extensively on the net at different replacement part sites. As far as the local auto parts stores, I just get told that the part is not carried by that store. Yes to some this may seem like an idiotic question but as stated earlier I am not finding any where the part needed.

The 3.3 is totally different from the 3.1. Not even remotely close. Go to any GM dealer for your part. That's where I had to get my 3.3 tensioner when I accidently broke it a few years ago.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul