3.4L engine problem - avoided?

Well, base upon the info in this newsgroup I may have just saved $800.
My wife noticed some oil under our 2001 Montana. After checking out this newsgroup and google, it appears I have the engine type discussed in GM
service bulletin. I only have 200 miles left on my factory warranty (36K). I bring it in tomorrow. I mentioned the service bulletin but the service manager didn't seem all that interested (or aware for that matter). I hope I don't get the run around. I want to get the gasket replaced with the newer design.
For everyone that was involved in the discussion, Big Thanks for bringing this out for the masses to see.
Jeff-
I won again. Glad to hear your "Good luck" story!

Thanks for the update Jeff! You made my day even more joyous than yours!

Before your car goes out of warrenty you should have them replace as much as possible, thats just common sense.
PDX, With 5 miles left on your warranty, park it at the dealer at night, pour a half cup of coolant in the oil, DON"T RUN IT, and leave the keys in the drop box with a note saying "My oil looks funny." Oh, wait, it'd get stolen in your neck of the woods.
LOL!!
GW (sarcasm folks, sarcasm)
Paradox wrote:
Before your car goes out of warrenty you should have them replace as much as possible, thats just common sense.

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 23:02:01 -0700, "Paradox"

The dealer I deal with has one of the best ratings in terms of repair satisifaction in Ontario, yet it sometimes takes them several attempts to determine what is wrong with a vehicle.
Coolant in the oil is obvious, but if I was coming to the end of my warranty and they found coolant in the oil, I wouldn't be keeping the car.
Brad
Can anybody tell me how to pull the codes from a 95 F-bird with a OBDI system. This car was built in 10/94 as a 95 model. GM used a 16 pin connector ( OBDII ) instead of the 12 pin.
TIA.............STAN
In article

With a compatible scan tool.
Mr Goodwrench...