3.8 Head gasket leaks

After reading a post where 3800 II engines are being recalled for head gaskets I decided to check mine. Sure enough, the front head gasket is leaking oil fairly bad on the drivers side. So I decided to start a
new tread...
I have a 2000 Lasebra with 35K on it. As I said, the front gasket where the head meets the block is leaking fairly noticeably. Oil is about 1/2 QT low cold. I previouslly filled the dexcool to the hot mark while the car was cold and today it was just below the cold mark cold. Is there a possibility this could be covered in the recall? What's the best way for me to find out?
LeBuick wrote:

You might want to figure out whether it is simply leaking oil, leaking coolant, or leaking the coolant into the oil, or leaking the oil into the coolant.
If you are concerned about the possible oil in the coolant, then it can be tested. Using a turkey baster or coolant tester, you get an ounce of dark coolant scum out of the reservoir tank. Rinse that in water, and all of the coolant should rinse out. Then for the residual scum, dry it on a piece of filter paper and then rinse it in denatured alcohol. If it is an oil scum, then it will dissolve in the alcohol. If it is something else, like something related to the coolant, it probably will not dissolve. The oil scum dissolving is what you hope you don't see.
---Bob Gross---
I don't think there is a hd gasket recall, it involves retorqueing the manifold and installing sealing pellets, 2000 up engines, unless this is something just released

LeBuick wrote:

There is no head gasket recall on the 3800 engines that I'm aware of. We certainly don't have any problems with them....can't remember the last 3800 head gasket that was replaced for leaking on any kind.
Ian