3.8 v6 again: PCV valve

Thanks to those who responded to my question about the oil pressure on my 93 Lumina APV. After reading up in my shop manual I thought maybe my high oil pressure readings might be related to a clogged PCV valve. However, when I tried to replace it I was not able to. The manual says depress the cover and turn 1/4 turn counterclockwise to remove the cover to gain access to the valve. I cannot depress or rotate the cover at all. I suspect it may be jammed in the depressed position? Also the manual says remove the "sight cover" from the manifold and fuel rail before the step referred to above. I do not see anything that looks like it could be a "sight cover" whatever that could be. The only thing in the way is the FI wire harness.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Reply to
Bob Chappuis

It sounds to me like either your "sight cover" is missing or your car didn't come with one (or you took it off without realizing it). It's just a big plastic thing that covers everything on top of the manifold.

Reply to
Alan 'A.J.' Franzman

For 3.8 L engine, the PCV valve locates just behind the power steering pump. There you should see a square plate (approximately 1 1/2 inch square may be black in color) with two 10mm bolts. Remove the bolts and pull out the PCV valve by the spring. Good luck.! MN

Reply to
MN