~_~_ 300,000 MILES ~_~_~

congrats on the 300k mark, makes me think that my 93 bonnie will last as long

Reply to
seeray28

Well Ladies, its here, at 11:48 am Thursday morning the old 91 Bonneville reached the big 300,000.

Drove about six blocks from home turned around parked it on the driveway to photograph the odometer. Slides & Prints were taken, sorry no digital. Not that technically advanced here yet. LOL.

We got Cinnamon & Creme Torte cake in the refrigerator to help celebrate the occasion. I haven't decided yet If the Walgreens Photo Shirt will have the cars photo or the odometers. Depends on how the pics turn out.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~299, 999 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

Congratulations. It's pretty reassuring, since I have a nearly identical vehicle, a '90, with 38k on it...

Harry Face wrote:

Reply to
Robert Barr

Congratulations!

Reply to
FBR

Applause, applause HF! :>)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Reply to
Travis King

Qitte te worthy milestone...congrats! Now, on to 400K!!!

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Congrats HF!! I only wish all Bonnie owners were as fortunate as you!! :)

Reply to
80 Knight

Ditto that! Then there would be nothing but Pontiacs, Buics and Chevies on the road. How glorious that would be. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

--Congrats HF..This is what I wanted to hear!

Ahmet

Turkey

Reply to
dragon

driveway

celebrate

Harry, is there any possibility that you could share your overall and yearly cost of repair on that queen of yours. I mean it does seem like every time you went to the store lately you spoted some new leak or other. I'm in the same boat with an old Chevy and I keep an eye on yearly expense.

Reply to
Al Bundy

He's posted that stuff every year or so since I've known him. Search the groups.google archives under his name. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Hey I just bought a Cutlass, so don't forget the Oldsmobile's!! :P

Reply to
80 Knight

I recently retired from the GM site where the 3800 is built. A couple of years ago they had an informal "contest" to see who had the 3800 powered vehicle with the most miles on it. Out of about 75 entries, only 2 beat yours, with the winner having 454,000 miles. The winner was a supervisor in the plant I worked in , & he said he never had a major problem. Just did regular maintenance very religiously.

Congrats on yours - keep it running!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Dave Starr, Senior Shop Rat Emeritus: 14,647 days in a GM plant.

David Starr

now when are you gonna start over with a new car?

400,000??

can it be done??

if it can, Harry face may be the man to do it!

---------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 222 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try

for free now!

Reply to
markansas859

A few years back when my Dad had a salvage yard he towed in an '87 Olds

98 for the city. The owner agreed to let him keep the car for the towing bill so long as the owner got to pull and keep the 3800. It had 432,000 on the clock and its owner wanted to keep it to put in something else! So yes, 400K is doable. Truck on.
Reply to
Old And In The Way

Dave,

That's good to here of the engines going 454,000 miles. Any head gaskets cut loose?

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~300,063 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

You definitely need to change the above. Congratulations.

I'm, as best I can tell, the 3rd owner of a 1990 Buick Century Limited. It has slightly in excess of 160,000 miles on it. It has a 3.3 liter V6 that I've been lead to believe is based on the 3800 V6. Shortly after I bought it last June I had to replace the serpentine belt, the harmonic balancer, and the radiator. I also had to have brake work done.

The body is damn near perfect, the paint (and pinstripe) are good. Left rear brake light and turn signal refuse to work on a consistent basis. All the other features and options work. The headliner has a severe case of Cooper's Droop.

It gets 16-17 mpg around town, 26 on the highway. The engine runs like a top, quiet, smooth and well suited to the job of hauling around a 3,400 lb auto at reasonable speeds.

Reply to
Kent Finnell

WOW !!!!

I had a 76 chev. pu w/227,000 before I got rid of it. It got to the point where you had to climb out the window 'cause the doors wouldn't open and the windows wouldn't close. Not a good combo in Ohio ;-)

Reply to
Willy Wanka

Should have painted a rebel flag on the roof and sold it as a rare "Dukes of Hazzard" pickup.

Reply to
FBR

I can't complain, was offered 1700.00. 4 years It was a step side with 350 auto. I don't think a flag would have raised the offer any. ;-)

Reply to
Willy Wanka