~_~_ 300,000 MILES ~_~_~

Page 1 of 2
Well Ladies, its here, at 11:48 am Thursday morning the old 91 Bonneville reached the big 300,000.
Drove about six blocks from home turned around parked it on the driveway
to photograph the odometer. Slides & Prints were taken, sorry no digital. Not that technically advanced here yet. LOL.
We got Cinnamon & Creme Torte cake in the refrigerator to help celebrate the occasion. I haven't decided yet If the Walgreens Photo Shirt will have the cars photo or the odometers. Depends on how the pics turn out.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~299, 999 miles_~_~_
~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_
congrats on the 300k mark, makes me think that my 93 bonnie will last as long

Congratulations. It's pretty reassuring, since I have a nearly identical vehicle, a '90, with 38k on it...
Harry Face wrote:

Harry Face wrote:

Congratulations!

Applause, applause HF! :>)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I recently retired from the GM site where the 3800 is built. A couple of years ago they had an informal "contest" to see who had the 3800 powered vehicle with the most miles on it. Out of about 75 entries, only 2 beat yours, with the winner having 454,000 miles. The winner was a supervisor in the plant I worked in , & he said he never had a major problem. Just did regular maintenance very religiously.
Congrats on yours - keep it running!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Dave Starr, Senior Shop Rat Emeritus: 14,647 days in a GM plant. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Dave,
That's good to here of the engines going 454,000 miles. Any head gaskets cut loose?
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~300,063 miles_~_~_
~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_
Qitte te worthy milestone...congrats! Now, on to 400K!!!

Congrats HF!! I only wish all Bonnie owners were as fortunate as you!! :)
<80 Knight>
80 Knight wrote:

Ditto that! Then there would be nothing but Pontiacs, Buics and Chevies on the road. How glorious that would be. GW

Hey I just bought a Cutlass, so don't forget the Oldsmobile's!! :P
<80 Knight>
80 Knight wrote:

Ummmmm, yeah, Olds went out of business.......probably due to that Aurora (or however you spell it) that was half Cadillac.....another nightmare branch I left out on purpose,
No knock-at-you, but my Chevy-Pontiac-Buick rererence was exactly what I meant it to be. GW

The Aurora's were as ugly as sin. I have never been a huge Olds fan, but I always liked the Cutlass's and the Intruige's.

I like Pontiac the best out of all of them. I have owned 5 of them, and liked them all. I have seen a few Chevy's I like, but I would have to remove Buick from your list if it was mine. :)

--Congrats HF..This is what I wanted to hear!
Ahmet
Turkey
Harry Face wrote:

driveway
celebrate
out.
Harry, is there any possibility that you could share your overall and yearly cost of repair on that queen of yours. I mean it does seem like every time you went to the store lately you spoted some new leak or other. I'm in the same boat with an old Chevy and I keep an eye on yearly expense.
Al Bundy wrote:

He's posted that stuff every year or so since I've known him. Search the groups.google archives under his name. GW
Harry Face wrote:

400,000??
can it be done??
if it can, Harry face may be the man to do it!
---------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 222 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!
A few years back when my Dad had a salvage yard he towed in an '87 Olds 98 for the city. The owner agreed to let him keep the car for the towing bill so long as the owner got to pull and keep the 3800. It had 432,000 on the clock and its owner wanted to keep it to put in something else! So yes, 400K is doable. Truck on.

You definitely need to change the above. Congratulations.
I'm, as best I can tell, the 3rd owner of a 1990 Buick Century Limited. It has slightly in excess of 160,000 miles on it. It has a 3.3 liter V6 that I've been lead to believe is based on the 3800 V6. Shortly after I bought it last June I had to replace the serpentine belt, the harmonic balancer, and the radiator. I also had to have brake work done.
The body is damn near perfect, the paint (and pinstripe) are good. Left rear brake light and turn signal refuse to work on a consistent basis. All the other features and options work. The headliner has a severe case of Cooper's Droop.
It gets 16-17 mpg around town, 26 on the highway. The engine runs like a top, quiet, smooth and well suited to the job of hauling around a 3,400 lb auto at reasonable speeds.
--
Kent Finnell
From the Music City USA

WOW !!!!
I had a 76 chev. pu w/227,000 before I got rid of it. It got to the point where you had to climb out the window 'cause the doors wouldn't open and the windows wouldn't close. Not a good combo in Ohio ;-)