305 hesitation

Hey guys new to the group. I am having a lot of trouble with my 88 monte carlo LS w/305. I have a horrible idle and stumbles, almost dies when I try to accelerate. After I get to about 20-25 mph it is
like someone hit a switch, much better acceleration, although still a small miss. Here is a list of what I have done.
New plugs wires cap rotor ignition coil distributor (w/new pick up coil and module) fuel pump cat replaced all vacuum hoses new carb (w/ all sensors on carb) swaped computers to see if that was the issue new intake manifold gasket
I did all this myself except the intake gasket and cat. The garage that did the gasket said that I had good compression on my cylinders.
I am really getting frustrated. I have tried everything. This car used to be my pride and joy. I am the second owner and it only had 48000 miles on it when I got it back in 2000. It now has around 72000. If anyone could give me some ideas that would be great. Are there any sensors that could be causing this? I have no engine codes showing when I crossed the two wires
Thanks, Josh
I also changed the 02 sensor
Thanks, Josh
snipped-for-privacy@AOL.COM wrote in

"I have no engine codes

no codes whatsoever?..you should have a 12 code to prove communication.....not remembering much from almost 20 yrs ago myself, im assuming it has one of those carbs that pulse the power rods up and down electricly as opposed to vac operated power circuit and the processor handles all timing advance???....no matter what in those bygone days their is an accelerator pump in the carb. can you see a very large spray of fuel done the throat when pumping throttle open with engine off? lack of accelerator pump spray and/or ign. advance at tip in was normally the cause of 'flat spot' in my hazy memory.....thinkin' of this makes me thank God for fuel inj and OBD2...just as a goof, and to eliminate the possibility, warm eng up and tie choke open with a wire. see if their is any difference...............kjun
--
The Source For Premium Newsgroup Access
Great Speed, Great Retention