30K Service for 2002 Monte Carlo

My 2002 Monte Carlo has reached 30,000 miles... about 16 months of highway driving. One problem fixed under warranty, car is very reliable otherwise.
The dealer recommended a 30K service costing about $500.00. I'm curious about several items...
Drain and Flush cooling system. Cooling system is using dex-cool which is supposed to be good for 5 years / 150,000 miles.....Why are we doing drain and refills at 30K. Isn't the purpose of dex-cool to increase the time between changes.
Fuel injector service.... are they just adding a can of injector cleaner??? Checking operation of injectors??
Trans axle maintenance.... again.... the service manual says about 100K for the transaxle.....what am I missing here ??
Bottom Line question..... is it worthwhile spending the 500.00
Thanks
They tried to push that at 15K KM for me. They just want money.
:-D I just cut the cheese!
Don't believe everything you read in the maintenance schedule. If Dexcool was good for that long it would not be surrounded by the controversy that it is. They might add a can to the tank but most pros use a pressurized system as well and run cleaner directly into the injectors. Worth the money. If it is an automatic trans. I would recommend the service. The filter can still get plugged with clutch dust as they wear, not to mention the fluid that has heated up and cooled enough times to provide 30000 miles of reliable operation. Do you have to get any of the services? No. Do you want it to stay reliable and have a lot better chance at a long life? Then go for it. It's old age insurance. Don
<2002 Monte Carlo> wrote in message

Thirty thousand on the original ATF is enough. If you don't do anything else change it.

I, also, am very leery of "scheduled maintenance" that is outside of the realm of "required maintenance" per the warranty.
Then, I get downright pissed when I am picking up my car from a small repair at the dealership, and I look at the paid receipt/invoice and see the item "fuel injector cleaner". When I asked about that, the service advisor just shrugged his shoulders and said that he did not know why that was done on an engine that had no fuel injection problem. Then he said that if I wanted, I could bring the receipt/invoice back next time and they would take off that amount of money from that future trip. I informed them that I did not think that there would be any next time.
---Bob Gross---
I don't think any of those three should be needed. You may not want to let the coolant go quite as long as 5/150K, but I doubt you need to change it yet. Fuel injector service shouldn't be needed at this mileage, nor should the trans fluid need changing unless you drive it really hard or under conditions that heat up the transmission a lot.
--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
I'll have to disagree. You SHOULD change your transmission fluid every 30k to keep your transmission from being held together by slug ... I got a GM car (90 olds) with 220 on the original transmission, just because the fluid is changed so often. Everyone else I've talked to have atleast changed the transmission once already..