350 LT-1 motor question

I have a chance to get a mid ninties LT-1 motor to put in my 1980 malibu that now has a V6. I have a few questions.... can I replace the throttle body setup with a regular manifold and carb, and will it bolt
up to my 350 trans ?

I'm sure you can buy an intake for that setup & install a conventional carb. (You'll hafta install a water pump, dist., etc.) But, why not keep the TPI setup and use the 4L60E trans and computer and enjoy the extra power and unbelieveable gas mileage? It gives the best of several worlds--a relatively screaming engine and fuel efficiency and NO cold-naturedness at all--excellent driveability. I've been driving an '85 S10 Blazer with this setup ('95 TPI/LT1) for several years. Absolutely NO complaints. Good mpg BEFORE connecting lockup torque convertor--honest 23+ after! The tranny, with od plus lockup t/c, allows engine to cruise at interstate speeds without labor. And the gear-spacing offers so much more to the acceleration/performance than any 3-speed could approach, IMO! HTH, s