3800 coil check ?

Have a '96 LeSabre with a missing problem that does not show up on the computer. I suspect it may be one of the coils. (Pretty confident at this point that it is not plugs or wires). Does anyone know of a way to
check these coils ? To arbitraily replace them is not a great option, would like to be sure. TIA ! ! ! Zork
You can swap a coil with another on the ignition module. If the no-spark problem follows the coil, then it's the coil. If it stays in the same spot on the module with the coils swapped, then it's likely the module.
Ignition modules can be tested for free at Autozone.

I used this method to find the defective coil on my '93 Trans Sport with 3.8L engine:
Take a timing light and attach it to each of the ignition cables. Press the trigger. When the light flashes erratically, you've found the cable that is attached to the defective ignition coil. (Be sure to use a timing light with an inductive pickup, not an in-line pickup.)