3800 engine leak fix

Had my 99 park avenue 3800 II plenum and lower intake gaskets fix, cool with in two weeks my car had consumed a full resivor of coolant, no exterior leaks could be seen. but kept adding coolant. Did my research, and found all the talk bout the 3800 and 3.4 & 3.1 liter engine with dex cool and gaskets.. BUICK dealter told me $625 to replace both if needed, my mechanic she only charged me $358.. She showed me that there was a hole in the plenum also showed me in due time the gasket was bound to fail, with all the weak spots in it. She replaced it with a thicker gasket...

Thanks Sandy you are a awesome mechanic

Reply to
J&R Smith

THere was a recall on this problem.

Reply to
tony kujawa

"J&R Smith" wrote: > Had my 99 park avenue 3800 II plenum and lower intake gaskets > fix, cool with > in two weeks my car had consumed a full resivor of coolant, no > exterior > leaks could be seen. but kept adding coolant. Did my research, > and found all > the talk bout the 3800 and 3.4 & 3.1 liter engine with dex > cool and > gaskets.. BUICK dealter told me $625 to replace both if > needed, my mechanic > she only charged me $358.. She showed me that there was a > hole in the > plenum also showed me in due time the gasket was bound to > fail, with all the > weak spots in it. She replaced it with a thicker gasket... > > Thanks Sandy you are a awesome mechanic

Have Sandy read my post.

neon14

Shep