3800 engine leak fix

Had my 99 park avenue 3800 II plenum and lower intake gaskets fix, cool with in two weeks my car had consumed a full resivor of coolant, no exterior
leaks could be seen. but kept adding coolant. Did my research, and found all the talk bout the 3800 and 3.4 & 3.1 liter engine with dex cool and gaskets.. BUICK dealter told me $625 to replace both if needed, my mechanic she only charged me $358.. She showed me that there was a hole in the plenum also showed me in due time the gasket was bound to fail, with all the weak spots in it. She replaced it with a thicker gasket...
Thanks Sandy you are a awesome mechanic

with
all
mechanic
the
THere was a recall on this problem.
"J&amp;R Smith" wrote: > Had my 99 park avenue 3800 II plenum and lower intake gaskets > fix, cool with > in two weeks my car had consumed a full resivor of coolant, no > exterior > leaks could be seen. but kept adding coolant. Did my research, > and found all > the talk bout the 3800 and 3.4 & 3.1 liter engine with dex > cool and > gaskets.. BUICK dealter told me $625 to replace both if > needed, my mechanic > she only charged me $358.. She showed me that there was a > hole in the > plenum also showed me in due time the gasket was bound to > fail, with all the > weak spots in it. She replaced it with a thicker gasket... > > Thanks Sandy you are a awesome mechanic
Have Sandy read my post.
http://autoforumz.com/GM-Solution-Litre-Intake-Manifold-Leaks-ftopict112048.html
The 3800 has a problem with the upper plenum passage for the egr burning thru or deteriorating adjacent to the coolant passage allowing coolant to enter the manifold, the only cure is to replace at least the upper plenum.

http://autoforumz.com/GM-Solution-Litre-Intake-Manifold-Leaks-ftopict112048.html
-