3800 Oil in Lower Intake Manifold, squealing after warm up

After looking at this post:

I had the very same problem with my 3800 2001 Impala. Basically the cat converter plugged up (replaced by dealer) but also burned a hole in my plenum (not covered by GM). So I replaced the plenum (saw the oil in the upper manifold and cleaned it out).

Now once the car warms up I get a crazy squealing noise (I removed the belt to make sure it wasn't the alt, ps, idler, etc). If I remove the oil cap the car stalls and has that crazy suction you talk about. Also if I only remove the dip stick the noise goes away but I can hear tons of air being sucked in by that dipstick tube.

Does this sound like a lower manifold gasket problem? Tonight I took the plenum off and tightened down the manifold bolts after reading your post, but I'm not sure if this Large amount of suction is coming from bad lower manifold gaskets.

Any suggestions?

Reply to
Wildatom

O-ring missing when the PCV was re-installed, or PCV not installed at all.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

aarcuda69062,

Yeah I read something about thatt also and I've replaced that also. so new oring.

Reply to
Wildatom

Okay, I looked at my old destroyed setup and there was no o-ring on there either which is why I didn't use it on the other. I installed the second o-ring since there were two (one for the map s. and one for the pvc) and it works fine now. Thanks again, I didn't realize there were two.

Reply to
Wildatom