3800 Series II Recall

Isn't it a bad idea for GM to have the dealerships add sealant to the cooling system of a relatively new car? Sure if you have a leak on a 15 year old car and money is tight you might
add stop leak pellets. I think the redesigned fasteners might help with the coolant loss but doesn't the sealant increase the formation of crud since it mixes with the DEXCOOL. If GM was interested in customer satisfaction like they claim then they would have installed new aluminum intake manifolds to permanently fix the problem. I don't want to take my car in for this so called fix but I am afraid the dealer that I take my car in for oil changes might just do this recall without my authorization. Is this possible?
GM routinely adds cooling system sealer pellets to cars at the factory. Apparently it helps prevent small weeping leaks at places like radiator hose joints, etc.
--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada