3800 V-6 intake

I know the 3800 series 2 engines had a lot of problems with the intake leaking but what about the series one?
I have a 94 regal with the series one and was just wondering if these
engines were prone to the same problem?
Steven wrote:

I believe that the series 2 problems centered around the use of a composite material intake manifold. Series 1 did not have that.
---Bob Gross---
Robertwgross wrote:

Some of the Series 1 engines do use an upper composite intake plenum...but as another poster pointed out, the difference is how the EGR gases are plumbed into the upper plenum.
Ian

The series 1 did not suffer the same problems because the EGR tubes enter the upper plenum differently, that said, the series 1 do sometimes suffer coolant leaks from warping where the throttle body bolts on.
Steven
Here some documents regarding the 3800 intake manifold gasket : Service bulletin : http://aklr.free.fr/envrac/SB-10001282-8175 (Intake_manifold_gasket).pdf Technical Bulletin : http://aklr.free.fr/envrac/GM_3.1_3.4_TB.pdf Service bulletin GM : http://aklr.free.fr/envrac/gmservbull.pdf Sealing solution : http://aklr.free.fr/envrac/gskms15704.pdf
Christophe SALVAING
Web site : http://christophe.salvaing.free.fr Family, Cars (Ford Aerostar LPG, Chevy Suburban LPG, AMC Pacer, Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon, Pontiac Montana), Kitesurfing ...

"Christophe Salvaing"

Ummm, hate to tell you this but, all of those are for a different engine; 3.1 and 3.4 liter Chevrolet built and they apply to 96 and newer. The OP was asking about a 94 Buick built 3.8...
Have a look at the upper intake. If it is aluminum intake than you will not have an intake problem. I had a 1993 that have an aluminum intake, the only problem I had is a small leak between intake and throttle assembly that is easy to fix as another post already pointed out here.

Oops !!! Sorry for the mistake ...
"Same player does'nt shoot again" :-)))