3800 v6 cranks but won't start

Can someone advise where the extra unconnected red wire on the fuel injector harness goes to. This wire has touched the exhaust manifold and melted the
end of the dead end connector and I believe shorted out. I tries to look at the codes but the check engine light won't even turn on nor will the engine fire up although you can crank it over.
Carmine, it is extremely difficult for anybody to offer any good advice when you don't identify your auto. For example, Year, Make, Model.
---Bob Gross---