3rd Seat Tahoe/Yukon

I have the opportunity to purchase a 2003 Tahoe but it does not have the 3rd seat. I know I can get a 3rd seat off eBay etc. but I don't know what's
involved in installing it.
Every Tahoe/Yukon I looked at that does NOT have the 3rd seat has the carpet and the dealer won't let me look under it, ;-). Has anyone every attempted this? Compatible seat is going to run me about $500+ so before I commit to purchasing the vehicle I would like to know what it would take get the 3rd seat installed. My local GM service departments aren't much help because they just tell me that they cannot get a 3rd seat for anything but the current model year vehicles but they don't understand what I'm trying to explain. If I cannot get the 3rd seat, I won't need to purchase the Tahoe because then I'd just have a HUGE sedan with poor gas mileage.
Thanks to anyone that can set me on the right path!!
Joe
I have read of some ppl adding a 3rd seat on the Light Duty forum at http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums / ... so search there or ask ... I think I also read that a 3rd seat cannot be put in a Tahoe with barn doors
JoeATL wrote:

If there are no anchors in the floor for the seat they would need to be installed to factory specs.
Same goes for seat belt anchors.
I'm not sure if the anchors are under the carpet & sidepanels of a two seat model
Is the third seat a removable seat or on permanently anchored style that folds flat? If it has a flat folding seat you may not have the indentations in the floor to allow folding the seat down.
Another question is look at a three seat model and see if there is a footwell for rear seat passengers feet. A two seat model would probably have a flat floor with no footwells.
As common as a Yukon & Tahoe are I can't believe you can't find one somewhere with a third row seat. Virtually all the ones at my Chevy dealer are 3 seat models.
Good Luck.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~289,131 miles_~_~_