4.2L 6CYC VORTEC ENGINE

I have a 2005 ISUZU Ascender, which is a somewhat disguised Trailblazer/Envoy. It has the 4.2L 6cyc Vortec engine. Other than drinking gas by the gallons, the engine seems to run very smooth. I'm curious if any reader here has comments about this engine?

Reply to
juanalong

I'd rate it as a very good engine. We literally do "nothing" to this engine. It does suffer from the piston knock that some other GM engines have, but for some reason, very few customers complain about it.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Reply to
Paradox

The 4.2 in my '04 van had a leaking front cover gasket and it still has an undiagnosed vibration. I've demoted General Motors to Private Motors.

Reply to
NickySantoro

What's your engine code?

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Where do I find that?

Reply to
NickySantoro

8th digit/letter in your VIN.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

NickySantoro

Reply to
juanalong

That's the 4.3 v-6. Not the same engine we are talking about in this thread.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

That you have the all-aluminum inline 6 cylinder

4.2 engine.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai