4.3 astro van oil pan removal

How do you get the pan off of this guy? I removed every bolt I could find, including the one hidden above the oil filter housing, and the ones that attach it to the bell housing. I put a wood block against it
and whacked it but it won't move. I'm stumped, and frustrated. It's the aluminum cast pan fyi. Reason I'm pulling it is that it has a nasty rod knock and I want to see if the crank is damaged. Thanks in advance.
06rexwagon wrote:

However the astro/safari forum has much more at: http://www.astrosafari.net / You can search without joining.
Let me quote a bit. Beats me if any of this will help. Quote 1: Am trying to remove the oil pan on my 1996 Astro 4.3L motor and it seems to be stuck. I have the timing chain cover, starter motor, and oil filter housing off. I have the 10 oil pan bolts removed and the 3 bolts in the rear of pan that bolt to the bell housing off also. The crankshaft key-way is at the 6 o'clock position straight down. With a 4 x 4, I have struck, and struck hard at the lower sump area and can't break it loose. I can pry on the front of the pan and see a little movement, but can't get it to come off. Is there something I'm doing wrong or something I've missed? It seems to be stuck at the rear just before the last bolt. I see sealant has oozed out of the seam in this area (factory seal). Could that be the problem? A sealant so good that it's more like a weld??
Quote 2: I have a later Haynes manual & this is the only differences I can see between what it says & your description....
Remove bellhousing lower cover completely. It says timing mark on damper at 6 oclock. Should rotate it clockwise to this position using damper bolt. remove oil filter adapter remove rubber bellhousing plugs other than this it says whack it with block of wood & mallet, rear portion comes down first. Don't pry it with a screwdriver, you'll never seal it again (unles you can knock it back into shape).
Quote 3:
I belive you need to remove those two rubber plugs from the tranny bell housing. There are two bolts *way* up in there that need to come out.
You might try specifying which model you have and a few details. ...thehick
06rexwagon wrote:

Did you remove the two nuts that are "inside" the bell housing? You have to remove the two rubber bell housing plugs and use a deep socket and extension to reach them.
Ian
replying to shiden_kai, MikeK wrote: Does any one remember what size bolts are in the housing under the rubber plugs