4.3 L Starter on 1989 S10

I have intermittents where 4.3L engine won't start. When this happens the starter doesn't crank over and most often just after running the engine and
stopping for a short time. Has anyone had a similar problem? Is it the starter? If it is have you changed this particular type starter?
Sounds like the starter may be getting heat soaked. Especially possible considering it's RIGHT next to the exhaust. I hear it's not fun to replace the starter in these trucks. I'm expecting that to be my next repair, after the fuel pump last week and alternator this week. I have a 94 Jimmy....

No matter what vehicle, the first step is to clean and tighten all wiring at the battery starter and grounds. Only after that can you diagnose further (if it's still necessary). GW
Rich wrote:

Check your connections first but more than likely the starters bad. I changed several in my '89 as the rebuilts suck. At least the lifetime Napa ones lasted a little longer. It's in a tight spot and wires to it have to be accessed from underneath and through the wheel well. It's a tight fit coming out between the exhaust pipe & frame, so tight that it will pass through in only one "magical" spot but it will come out. At least that's how it was on my '89 4x4.
--
John
"Anything you say can & will be misquoted & used against you"