4.3L V6, Emissions failure, 1986 Caprice, Parissiene

Page 2 of 2

I'd suspect the valve guides/seals. Sad part is, minor oil consumption can kill the cat over a two year period. (ask me how I know). However, it would help to know the actual readings - what failed, HC, CO, or Nox?

Well put, I need help not sarcasism.
One guess is that the intake manifold gasket might not be sealing, allowing oil to enter intake runners. This is at best a guess. Chevys are known for intake manifold gasket failure, usually accompanied by coolant leakage.