Latest threads in General Motors Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

11 auto industry predictions for 2011
11 auto industry predictions for 2011 -- The U.S. auto industry expects 2011 to be a second year of recovery from the depths of the recession. The three outsider CEOs at General Motors, Ford, and...

ignition switch problem 2008 Impala
Anyone know of any issue that would commonly keep the key from being turned to the "off" position? Started maybe a month and a half ago where every now and then I would have to play with the key,...
21
21

2004 Chevrolet Impala Radio Data System
My vehicle manual was stolen and I need to access the RDS to remove the "oil change" symbol from showing, as my oil has been changed. Can anyone help? -------------------------------------...
2
2

missing the train
almost every other developed nation, the U.S. has no national transportation strategy. The nation fails to raise taxes that are supposed to pay for roads and rails. Gasoline taxes, for example, cover...

radio codes ford
------------------------------------- ##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via CommunityWeb and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - - 49736 messages and...
3
3

3.4L V6, where is this vacuum line suppose to go?
Car: 1999 chevy venture 3.4L engine Can someone please tell me where this vacuum line goes? I was in a rush to replace the battery with a new one and somehow this vacuum line shaken torn lose from...
6
6

Re: Fuel tank rust perforation.
I learned years ago that moisture and on metal causes rust. So you need to clean it ALL (rust) off with a wire brush or such, scuff rest of it with sand paper, and put a two-part zinc primer on it,...
1
1

camouflage
In older days it was a prestige to be made in USA. Now GM is selling cars under other logos to hide the USA origin.
4
4

Fuel tank rust perforation.
I had to replace the fuel tank on my '97 Lumina 3.1 150k miles as it developed rust holes 1/4 inch above the pinch weld in the back where the weld is bent up some to allow for the straps. Apparently...
2
2

In defense of the Chevrolet Vega
(Car Lust) - During Viva Las Vega week, my fellow contributors acted as the prosecution in the case against the Chevrolet Vega-- the car that should have been GM's small-car savior but that instead...
69
69

Thermostat question Olds Intrigue
My '98 Olds Intrigue (3800) seems to take a long time to heat up, and the heat gauge never gets much above the one quarter mark. I changed the upper and lower intake gaskets last summer and when I...
2
2

Mixet Media Center - Mixet B2B Marketplace
S=F6kord f=F6r AnnonserMixet B2B Marketplace Stockholm Mixet B2B Marketplace G=F6teborg, MixetB2B Marketplace Malm=F6, Mixet B2B Marketplace Uppsala, Mixet B2BMarketplace Lund, Mixet B2B Marketplace...

Any "How-To-Tips" for replacing 08' HHR Front Wiper Gears ?
The assembly under the cowl. Driver wiper base is stripped and passenger side works. So appears I need a new gear assembly (motor fine).

Crony Car Capitalism
Crony Car Capitalism recent revelations bring home just what a cesspool of crony capitalism the American auto industry has become. The Obama administration and the UAW (Obama's major financial and...

GM-Ford rivalry extends to choosing sides in stock market
GM-Ford rivalry extends to choosing sides in stock market run deep when it comes to domestic car brands. Some would rather push a Ford than drive a GM. To others, a GM in the driveway is a glistening...
2
2