400 turbo transmission troibles

I have a 400 turbo transmission that with not shift into 2nd or 3rd gear. It is not the linkage, there is vacum in the line when I pull it off the modulator, I have reverse and 1st gear. any help?
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com
Try a modulator.

-

...and make sure it has strong vacuum at the vac. line where it fits onto the modulator......
If a modulator doesn't fix the problem, check the governor. Roy