455 Buick Part identification

Application: 1973 Buick Electra 225 aka Land Yacht OK.....I am stumped, and have stumped several different parts stores. What is the switch/sensor doing in the back of the head????? It is a two prong device that is located in the rear of the passenger side head. It does not have a hole in it to make me think oil pressure, and it is not near a water jacket to make me think coolant temp.....I need one or something isn't going to work right when I get this motor back in......

Could someone provide a part number of something too?? More info..the two wires are brown, and there is a similar sensor on the opposing head, same location.....single "nub" similar to the old style oil pressure senders

HELP!!!!!

8upman
Reply to
Eightupman

That is what is called an ambiet temperature switch........it is for the blower motor.........when engine is cold, the switch is "open" and the blower won't work.....once the engine warms up to a certain temperature it "closes" and then the blower circuit is activated.........rationale: gives you "instant" warm heat reasonably "fast"........if I'm not mistaken the defroster will work but no other function will work until that certain temperature is met.........NAPA has specs on them .......I recall it being in their Balkamp catalog.......hope this helps..... Dr. Zeep

Reply to
BushmanBro

So far, it is the closest thing that makes any sense. Thanks

8Upman

met.........NAPA

catalog.......hope

Reply to