46 Chevrolet 3/4 ton Pickup value?

I'll get right to the point... I am seriously considering purchasing a 1946 chevy 3/4 ton pickup. I am curious on it's value and what I should be paying for it.
This truck has never been restored and the engine is shot. There is less rust than most 46 chevy trucks I have seen around. The truck is 99% complete and needs a COMPLETE restoration. What is it worth... $500, $600 $800? Thanks for your help.
You are kidding. right?
NADA says:
Low Retail Average Retail Value High Retail
$4,275 $10,200 $20,300
mike

"Low Retail" is for a running, driving truck that just has minor cosmetic and/or mechanical issues... the truck is worth whatever someone's willing to pay and the owner is willing to take.
nate
Mike Hunter wrote:

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

I wonder how many 1946 pickups are sold each week to come up with reliable numbers. I don't see many on dealers lots around here.
Who said one needs to be sold every week?
mike

No one, but if only one or two are sold in a year, it is not a good indicator of value to others. Most vehicles from the 1940's are sold by and to collectors, not retail car lots.
I any case, the value in in the eyes of the beholder, the selling price is what someone is willing to pay for it.
I can see you are not a collator. There are dealers all over the country that specialize in old, special interest, and collectable cars and trucks that are sold on consignment.
The price published by NADA are indeed the used car prices that somebody was willing to pay and somebody was willing to accept
Do you own search of nadaguides,com. They will state if there are not sufficient numbers of sales and they do not list a price
You are however free to believe whatever you choose ;)
mike