4L60e oil pump rotor cracked

2 weeks after I rebuilt my transmission (94 roadmaster wagon), the pump rotor cracked in 3 places. So I am buying a 13 vane rebuild kit. Does anyone have thoughts on why
it may have cracked apart? Thanks for any good ideas.
Inner rotor or outer, where the TC engages?

-
inner, the one that holds the vanes. It was a 10 vane rotor

Pumps often fail because the torque convertor wasn't fully seated into the pump during reassembly. One clue is if you have to use the bolts to pull the tranny against the engine. The tranny should be flat and flush against the engine before any bolts are tightened.
Dave