4l60E valve body swaps

How interchangeable are 4l60e valve bodies? I have one in my 1996 S10 which is popping the 1760 TC lock up code when its very hot on the Hwy. Pretty sure the bore on the valve body had problems in the TCC valve.
I have a chance to get a usable one out of a 2004 4L60E. Will this sort of swap work? I know the TCC valve went to a different modulated type in the latter models. What are the issues on that? What about the separator plates? In unit in question comes with one off the 2004 valve body.
Bob
-
If it is the TCC valve bore worn, why don't you repair it permanently with one of the sleeve kits from Sonnax . I believe the 2004 VB will not be compatable with your pcm.

-
Shep wrote:

Yes, i considered that. The problem with that scenario is i have to buy the reamer as well as the valve which drives the cost up. And then, i won't know until the body is off if its a factory serviced GM body and not suitable for the reamer bit. If the bodys are the same, i can just put a 96 style TCC valve in the newer body and come out on the deal. Then do a quick swap with minimum down time on the truck. But its hard to find out info on just how much difference there is between the bodies.
Bob

-