4T65E troubles

I have a 2002 park ave (no ultra) with 24K miles. I am noticing more and more what appears to be tranny troubles. 1st, at times I notice a slip or jerking feeling when I hit the gas during a turn or after briefly taking my foot off the gas. It rarely does it but even my wife noticed so I know its happenning. I didn?t even point it out to her.

2nd, I noticed what I call a surging or pulsing sensation. If I am accelerating slowly and hit a slight upgrade going around 25 or 30 mph and the tach is around 1500. I can see the tach fluctuate between maybe 1800 and 1500 rpm?s and it feels like the car is jumping back and forth between gears. If I maintain the gas pressure it will keep doing it but if I give it a little more gas it will slowly come out of it.

I took it to the dealer who drove the car, smelt the fluid and checked for codes. He says everthing is normal, no codes. I then took him for a ride and sure enough, it rode perfect. He says nothing he can do since he doesn?t see any problems.

I went to the library and found documents 901351 & 1453640 which seem close to my problem. I know better than to tell a mechanic his job but it won?t mess up with him in the car. The warrenty runs out this June so I would like to get this fixed soon.

What do you all suggest I do? I?d hate to drive it slowly up and down lookout mountian just to try and burn up the tranny but I?d also hate to get stuck with the bill...

Reply to
LeBuick

Change the trans oil & filter and see if there is a difference.

Try going to another dealer and see what they say.

Harryface =D8=BF=D8

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 300,459 miles

000,006 - Feb 4,1991

100,000 - Sept. 4, 1995 200,000 - June 19, 2001 1/4 Milllion - Jan 16, 2003 300,000 - March 3, 2005
Reply to
Harry Face