5.3 Liter Aluminum Block

Looking for information on the 5.3 liter aluminum block that came in my 2006 Silverado. Is the cylinder surface of these motors a cast iron sleeve or is
it a Nikasil plated bore?
Thanks, Brian

2006
is
The cheaper of the two.

Brian,
A cast-in cast iron sleeve: same technology used on the NorthStar V-8. GM learned its lesson on treated aluminum bores with the Vega 4-cylinder 30+ years ago.
Regards, Bill Bowen Sacramento, CA

I thought that it may be the cast in liner, and am glad that it is.
Brian