Latest threads in General Motors Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Which electric car will win?
A pity that GM killed the EV-1, now all they have is the GM "Short Circuit" Which electric car will win? vehicles have radically different approaches BY MARK PHELAN FREE PRESS AUTO CRITIC The...
18
18

1997-2003 Grand Prix Overhead Map Light Bulbs Replacement Guide
One of the overhead map light bulbs in my 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix was starting to intermittently fail. I took pictures of the replacement procedure and created a quick guide. Hopefully someone finds...

GM at it again, as if screwing up GMAC was not enough
There are few that doubt GMAC went from being a highly profitable business 7 years ago, to a 4 time veteran corporate welfare recipient sucking up many billions in taxpayer funded debt. GMAC is now...

How to convince a dealer to follow a TSB
2002 Monte Carlo 67000 miles I had my car in for repair at an independent shop. Shop say there was an exhaust restriction.... which is a problem known by GM and suggested that I bring the car to my...
7
7

Gas Prices Around the World: What it costs to fill 'er up
Gas Prices Around the World: What it costs to fill 'er up $43.52: That's what Americans now pay, on average, to fill a midsize car's 16-gallon tank, with prices for unleaded regular gasoline at $2.72...
8
8

Pontiac Grand Prix High Mount Third Brake Light Bulb Replacement Guide
One of the two third brake light bulbs or "high mount stop lamps" on my 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP burned out recently. I finally got around to replacing it. I took pictures of the process and...

Bonneville Engine Cradle Mounts - Check Them
My kid has a 1995 Bonneville. Very clean, excellent runner with no problems. Except: He already did the intake manifold gaskets and plenum because I read they fail. His were on the edge. A few days...
2
2

G.M., Eclipsed at Home, Soars to Top in China
G.M., Eclipsed at Home, Soars to Top in China ? A decade ago, this city had five car dealerships selling Buicks, the top-selling General Motors brand in China. Today it has 27. And the crowds of...
9
9

Vortec V6 oil pan
I have a Chevy roller lifter Vortec V-6 in my 1926 Model T Ford Tudor Sedan. I'm not certain what the engine is out of, but it has an aluminum oil pan, that is very close to the ground, it has...
2
2

ally bank pays govt dividend (detroit news)
$257M-dividend-from-Ally
1
1

GM creates BRAND to sell cheap JUNK cars in China - BAOJUN
SGMW's Baojun Brand to Sell Passenger Cars in China SAIC-GM-Wuling Joint Venture getting ready for sales 2010-07-19, Shanghai ? SAIC-GM-Wuling (SGMW), GM's mini-commercial vehicle joint venture with...
2
2

GM Moves Advanced R&D To China
GM Moves Advanced R&D To China GM broke ground for another R&D Center in China, called the GM China Advanced Technical Center. The new facility is in addition to existing R&D centers in China,...
15
15

Chevy Volt doesn't get Leno charged up
aka the "Short Circuit" Chevy Volt doesn't get Leno charged up 's 'a people mover, not a people impresser,' comedian says -- but GM begs to differ Robert Snell / The Detroit News Late-night comic and...

Chevy Ad Claim
Chevrolet (aka Chevy) has been running ads in my area that claim over a thousand people a day are switching to Chevrolet. I keep wondering switching from where? In a good year Pontiac, Saturn, Hummer,...
1
1

VW's greatest fear isn't Toyota, it's Hyundai
Toyota is more worried about Hyundai in other markets around the world where it must compete. Don't forget vehicle pricing is market bases and the lower costs in Korea gives the Korean manufactures a...
6
6