53 buick

i have a 53 buick, 60 series, v-8 flathead can anyone help me with the timing specs and valve lash adjustments?

On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 10:39:06 -0500, "dellroykelley"

Flathead 1953 Buick. I don't think so. If it's a flathead then it is not the original 1953 Buick engine. According to my 1956 Motors Manual (19th edition) the 60 series was not introduced until 1954. The 1953 Buick engines consisted of 40, 50, and 70 series. All Buick engines produced after 1950 had in-head valves and all of these had hydraulic valves except for one model of the series 40 (straight 8). Look again. Is it really a flathead? If so I bet it's a Ford V8 engine. The ignition timing mark is located on the flywheel on all 1953 Buick engines and the tooth with a "5" stamp (painted yellow) is the timing mark.