Latest threads in General Motors Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

still Toyota quality
Toyota duplicates the problem with Lexus SUVs, don't have a fix. maybe someday the consumer will think maybe this company does have problem. maybe the rumors about secret recalls and customer services...
3
3

more toyota quality
recalling 600K mini vans spare tire carrier rusting away; only reason for posting if it was GM this tread would go on for days.
2
2

What would happen if a Land Crusher collided with an IQ head on?
I don't expect Toyota to have given thought to this question, but it's a possible scenario with the introduction of its next microcar... if they made it a tad lower, it may be able to go under the...
12
12

Anyone else joining "Toyota Anonymous"?
In message , "TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit" writes I believe that British statistics show that motorcyclists are 22 times more likely to die of the roads than a car driver.
16
16

'89 Buick run without battery?
We are going to junk an '89 Buick Park Ave by pulling it to the junkyard with a chain. We want to have the car running so it'll have pwr steering and brakes whilst we pull it. Can we remove the...
2
2

Toyota sales down in Europe! (everything exposed)
Well, we all know in Europe is a whole different ballgame where Toyota has real competition and drivers demand better performance. Their share of the market is a mere 5%, where in America they occupy...
5
5

Hey Toyota, have you consider changing your name?
You know like once you get a bad reputation, it's better to assume a new identity. Everybody is talking about Toyotas being cheap and running out of control, and that's no good. How do you say Mowing...
23
23

Mr. Toyoda, test driver
Failure to either test for or to detect trailing-throttle oversteer is a pretty simplistic screw-up. Particularly when testing a flagship $55K family SUV. Suspension changes should have corrected this...

Would you cry over Toyota's passing?
Oh c'mon, nobody cried so much over Audi's fate. It was proven to be untrue, so what. Other manufacturers will make nice cars in Toyota's wake....
7
7

As Toyota Got Huge they got cheap with their parts suppliers. Fat and Happy and Lazy!
It's part of the immutable laws of nature, something like the Roman Empire in 410AD and all the mighty that have fallen... But in a way, being bigger they become an easier target, and then you see...
4
4

toyota quality rises again
2
2

Re: worst made cars on the road
"Lies, damned lies, and statistics" I love Mark Twain!
37
37

Worst made cars
Worst cars on the road? you want to drive something dependable and long-lasting, steer clear of these vehicles. With a 22% improvement in sales last month, and despite the six-month, $4.3 billion loss...
5
5

I had a nightmare: I was in a Toyota out of control!
It was very real. I was running in the little car without control, and people were running all over the place, and the police was chasing me, and then I was falling off a cliff... Do you believe that...
18
18

GM in Canada
GM in Canada hits bottom. Lowest share in recent history. While small, even Chrysler is outselling GM!!! I wonder why, could it be: - poor reputation for quality? - people don't like GM taxing us for...
4
4