69 Impala ?

Did a 1969 Impala have a hidden headlight option? I know the 1968 did.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE, 3800 V6 _~_~_~_~276,459 miles_~_~_ ~_~_

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net says...

I think so. I looked at a '69 Impala convertable a while ago that had hidden lights.
Dennis Smith
Impala no, Caprice - yes. Also on Kingswood station wagons (optional, of course). Hideaways were never standard equipment on any of the 166xx models.

I disagree.
My horse (gelding) came standard with blinders - circa 1669.
carbuff wrote:

| Did a 1969 Impala have a hidden headlight option? I know the 1968 did. | | ========| Harryface | ========| | 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE, 3800 V6 | _~_~_~_~276,459 miles_~_~_ ~_~_ | | | |
I think the Caprice did as a option...flaps that folded down from above that matched the grille. My mother had a 1969 Impala Custom Coupe (no hidden headlights). I don't _think_ that option was available on the Impala (or BelAir/Biscayne).
1969 Chevy Impala .. . nope to the hidden headlights. Excellent car outherwise. Built better than any tank .. .

that
| 1969 Chevy Impala .. . nope to the hidden headlights. Excellent car | outherwise. Built better than any tank .. . | |
It was a great car. She had the 300 Horse 350V8 4bbl. in it. Would have rather have had the 427 in it though! Learned to drive in that puppy.
The 300hp 350" engine was bulletproof. The 427 was nice but think of the gas mileage! Gas station to gas station only. Journalist Peter Meheegan here in New England still uses a '69 Impala for his sojourns into the New England "outback" for the TV series "Chronicle." A car that cannot be killed and will not die. Not my idea of elegance but just one of those model years where everything fell together and worked.

car
I had a '69 SS 427 Impala with hidden headlights....was a 4 speed, Muncie, 3:55 posi........decent gas mileage, bad on tires.......mine was the 390 horse base engine........with air........
| I had a '69 SS 427 Impala with hidden headlights....was a 4 speed, Muncie, 3:55 | posi........decent gas mileage, bad on tires.......mine was the 390 horse base | engine........with air........
Sounds sweet! I loved the 69 Impala...even with the 350 engine.
Of course most cars back then had bias-ply tires (hopefully 4-ply not 2-ply) on them. You were lucky to get 20,000 miles out of them.